Construction Site Superintendent
CVMNEXT Construction seeks experienced, on-site construction superintendents for full time and contract positions at several locations including PA, NJ and Long Island, NY. Housing and travel allowances will be provided as needed. Contract superintendents who successfully complete their assignments will be considered for a full-time employment, based in King of Prussia, PA.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7 years’ experience with proven leadership and technical skills needed to supervise commercial and/or industrial construction projects. Experience with foundation, steel and elevated concrete/steel deck construction is an absolute requirement. Additional experience with electrical and HVAC construction is desirable
The superintendent will report to the project manager, and will manage daily activities at the jobsite and will supervise and coordinate all subcontractors. The superintendent is directly responsible for effectively maintaining an aggressive construction schedule by creatively solving construction and logistics problems as they arise, while ensuring that the work is completed as designed and maintaining high quality standards. The superintendent is responsible for ensuring safe conditions in a busy occupied package sorting facility with uninterrupted, ongoing operations.
Desired Skills and Expertise
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy job site by following and enforcing company policies, codes, and legal regulations.
- Maintain ongoing safety training, including OSHA 30-Hour Certification.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of all sub-contractors and vendors to assure compliance with schedule, scope of approved construction documents, and appropriate quality control requirements.
- Develop and maintain detailed look-ahead schedules and site logistics plans, prepare detailed schedules for inspections, deliveries and subcontractor work.
- Order materials and allocate resources required to complete scheduled tasks.
- Inspect quality and progress of work and provide weekly status reports.
- Review change order requests and invoices with Project Manager.
- Resolve design and construction problems while maintaining schedule.
- Maintain as-built drawings, and assemble all close-out documents required by contract.
- Set up and manage field office.
- Minimum of 7 years on-site experience supervising construction projects, scheduling subcontractors, materials procurement, and quality control.
- Technical knowledge of all phases of construction and trades.
- Willingness to travel to and temporarily reside at job locations as required.
CVMNEXT offers a competitive salary benefits package. To express interest, please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume listing pertinent experience and cover letter, including salary requirements and references.