Construction Site Superintendent
Ask the right questions. Listen. Think. Build the right solution. Get there together.
Combining the traditional capabilities of an at-risk contractor with an innovative attitude, CVMNEXT delivers a distinctly different approach to building. Our long-term clients include leading commercial and industrial corporations, as well as some of the nation’s premier cultural and academic institutions. Offering a broad spectrum of capabilities including general contracting, structural engineering and building diagnostics, CVMNEXT provides clients a holistic set of tools and delivers purposeful solutions.
CVMNEXT Construction seeks an experienced site superintendent. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of seven years of experience and proven leadership skills supervising commercial, academic or institutional construction projects. Experience with preservation, restoration and renovation projects is also desirable.
Reporting to the project manager, the superintendent oversees daily activities at the jobsite and all subcontractors, and is responsible for planning and implementing safety protocols and budget controls, developing and managing detailed look-ahead schedules, project reporting and ensuring quality workmanship.
CVMNEXT offers a competitive salary and benefits package and a collaborative professional environment. To express interest, please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, pertinent experience and references.
Desired Skills and Expertise
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy job site by following and enforcing company policies, codes and legal regulations.
- Maintain ongoing safety training, including OSHA 30-Hour Certification.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of all sub-contractors and vendors to assure compliance with schedule, scope of approved construction documents and appropriate quality control requirements.
- Develop and maintain detailed look-ahead schedules and site logistics plans, and prepare detailed schedules for inspections, deliveries and subcontractor work.
- Order materials and allocate resources required to complete scheduled tasks.
- Inspect quality and progress of work and provide weekly status reports.
- Review change order requests and invoices with Project Manager.
- Resolve design and construction problems while maintaining schedule.
- Maintain as-built drawings, and assemble all close-out documents required by contract.
- Set up and manage field office.
- Minimum of seven years of on-site experience supervising construction projects, scheduling subcontractors, materials procurement and quality control.
- Technical knowledge of all phases of construction and trades.
- Recent experience with both wood-frame and steel construction a plus.
- Ability to travel to job sites as required.