Swarthmore College, Parrish Hall
Originally constructed in 1869, Parrish Hall is one of the oldest and most recognizable buildings on the Swarthmore campus. Rebuilt after a devastating 1881 fire, Parrish once made up the whole of the College. Today, these historic interiors serve as the center of student life, hosting the offices of the President, Dean, and Admissions, as well as the Post Office and other important community resources. The upper floors include student activities offices and a residence hall.
As part of an administrative relocation project, CVMNEXT Construction was engaged by the college to provide pre-construction services for a comprehensive HVAC upgrade. Working with Swarthmore’s facilities team, we immediately recognized that the proposed schematic required complex logistics and phasing, and proactively began exploring alternative systems. The end result was an innovative and architecturally sensitive solution that could be accomplished in less time and at less cost. CVMNEXT then assumed primary project responsibility, leading the architect, interior designer, and engineers during the design phase and acting as general contractor and construction manager during construction.
Location: Swarthmore, PA
Architect: CICADA Architecture/Planning